Monday, February 20, 2006

Save the NOLA animals, please.


Two of the more impressive attractions in New Orleans pre-Katrina were the zoo and aquarium. They were very beautiful facilities with educational, environmental, and entertaining programs. Protective open spaces with rare endangered creatures.

They were hit hard by the hurricane, but are coming back strong. For the sake of the economy and the children that live there please consider donating. The aquarium alone employed 700 workers and raised $330 mil a year for the city.

It was one of the few, clean, well run, progressive, educational parts of New Orleans and provided a lot of entertainment and enjoyment for me and my friends when I lived there. I donates and got me a sea turtle!

https://secure2.convio.net/ani/site/Ecommerce?store_id=1301

No comments: