Tuesday, October 25, 2005

My College ID: Tulane

I graduated from Tulane Univeristy and loved my time in New Orleans, before it was flooded.


Yesterday I was cleaning out my drawers and I ran across this old memento - my college ID. It struck me how much personal information was placed on it in the mid 90s. I wonder now with identity theft a concearn of the common man if they still have photos, signatures, date of birth, social security numbers and a simple sticker that allowed me to post grocery charges to my parents back home.

If you are confused by the computer center sticker... Maybe you think AOL invented the internet or that you were cutting edge when you started IMing your grandparents back in 2002.

Asking what Gopher and Mosaic is? If you don't know - you don't know. It's what Al Gore, Marc Andreesen and I used to create the internet.

No comments: