Saturday, September 08, 2007

High Tech at US Open


I'm a fan of Tennis and Technology so I would like to thank Ken Rossi and Jeff Volk of the USTA Advanced Media group for giving me a behind the scenes tour of the 2007 US Open and how they make usopen.org such a fabulous site.

Thanks to my pal Pam Allison for bringing me as her guest when we sat in the front row to watch Serena Williams and Roger Federer up close and even for taking me the next day when we sat in the 1003 row :-)

Check out my online article by Eric M. Strauss on ABC News:
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=3573832&page=1

"A high-tech infrastructure is what makes all this instant data available. About 100 yards down the hall from the plush-carpeted player's lounge, where Maria Sharapova, the 20-year-old Russian champion could be found recently psyching herself up for a match by listening to her iPod, and where other players relaxed playing Nintendo Wii and Sony Playstation 3 video games, sat a nondescript high-tech data center that would rival that of any Fortune 500 company."

No comments: