Friday, May 21, 2004

Minolta Dimage X

Many people who have seen my photos have asked me what camera I am using.

I use a really cool tiny digital called the Minolta Dimage X. It was truly revolutionary when I plopped down $350 in March of 2002. It has 2.1 megapixels and has a real James Bond air about it, because of it's sleek design. Since I purchased "the X" it's been re-introduced a few times. It's on it's 4th generation.

I love the compact style (size of a deck of cards), but I find the images a little soft sometimes, and low megapixels makes it not so good for big prints. But if you are all about snapshots and online posting this is the camera for you.

I am more likely to bring it with me than a larger camera, because it fits in my pocket, has good battery life, plus, it can zoom 3x without physicaly extending the lens. It records images on secure digital cards (SD) and has a USB plug that connects to any Mac as well as all the rest.

The newest edition is the Dimage XG 3.2 Megapixels $260
Previous Version is the Dimage X20 2 Megapixels $160

No comments: